Americorps & RSVP Program
AmeriCorps is your moment to take the path less traveled, to break the status quo, to stop talking about the problem and be the solution. Join AmeriCorps to improve lives and foster civic engagement. Members commit their time to address critical community needs. Experience Matters’ AmeriCorps program provides opportunities intended to help teens and young adults in our community achieve economic independence through the work of our encore talent and member nonprofits, schools, and public agencies. Initiatives aim to improve students’ academic engagement, enroll students in post-secondary education/training and to reconnect the 13% of youth ages 16-24 in Maricopa County disconnected from pathways that lead to independent, rewarding adulthoods (Measure of America, Youth Disconnection, 2017).
As an Experience Matters’ AmeriCorps member, you can support three initiatives:
- Mentor teens in a high-school setting (click HERE to learn more)
- Mentor young adults disconnected from school and work (click HERE to learn more)
- Implement outreach and engagement strategies to raise awareness, recruit volunteers, and connect opportunity youth* to services (click HERE to learn more)
Benefits of serving:
- Personal satisfaction comes from making a difference in young people’s lives;
- Connection peers and learning from others who serve;
- A living allowance, and a Segal Education Award that can be gifted to children and grandchildren (if you are age 55 or older upon successful completion of the member’s term of service).
Interested in learning more about becoming an Experience Matters AmeriCorps Member? Click HERE to complete your Experience Profile.
Contact the AmeriCorps Program Manager Gitika Boddupalli at email@example.com
* Teens and young adults age 16 – 24 disconnected from school and work. Funding for the Arizona AmeriCorps State Program is administered by the Governor’s Office of Youth, Faith and Family Commission on Service and Volunteerism and the Corporation for National and Community Service.
AmeriCorps Senior Program
AmeriCorps Senior is one of the largest volunteer networks in the nation for people 55 and over. You can use the skills and talents you’ve learned over the years or develop new ones while serving in a variety of volunteer activities within your community. The Experience Matters AmeriCorps Senior Program matches dedicated adults age 55+ with volunteer opportunities that match their passion, skills, experience and talent.
- OPTION 1: COLLEGE AND CAREER READINESS MENTORS
ECAP (Education and Career Action Plan) is a nationwide program designed to improve high school graduation rates and prepare students for college and career. Mentors work with motivated high school sophomores to provide support and guidance on their journey.
- OPTION 2: READING TUTORS
Make a difference in a child’s life by helping them gain the reading skills needed to learn and succeed in life. Volunteers receive training and materials and do not need any prior teaching or tutoring experience.
- OPTION 3: YOUTH MENTORS
Studies have shown that a committed, caring adult can help youth to stay engaged in school and be hopeful about their future. Volunteer youth mentors will receive training and do not need prior mentoring experience.
- OPTION 4: TRANSPORTATION NEEDS
Volunteers provide transportation assistance to seniors who are unable to leave their homes, mostly due to physical restrictions. This service allows older adults to live independently in their homes for longer periods of time. Volunteers often work in teams of two and commit to one delivery route or more per week.
Interested in learning more about becoming an Experience Matters AmeriCorps Senior Member? Click HERE to complete your Experience Profile. Contact the AmeriCorps Senior Program Manager Jeanne-Marie Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
360 East Coronado Road , Suite 170
Phoenix, AZ 85004
1 block north of McDowell Rd., 100 yards West of 7th St.